I have participated in professional service activities in a variety of contexts:
Government programs, professional organizations, publishers
- member of national screening committee for Fulbright English Teaching Assistant program;
- member of editorial advisory board for TESOL Quarterly;
- manuscript reviewer for variety of professional journals (e.g., CALICO Journal, English for Specific Purposes, Journal of English for Academic Purposes, Language Learning, Language Teaching Research, Journal of Second Language Writing, TESOL Journal, TESOL Quarterly, Written Communication);
- conference proposal reviewer for variety of professional conferences (e.g., Second Language Research Forum, AAAL, Symposium on Second Language Writing, TESOL);
- grant application reviewer for Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada (SSHRC);
- textbook reviewer for Pearson ELT, Pearson education ESL.
- faculty honors advising for ASU linguistics honors students;
- chair and member of ASU Interdisciplinary Committee on Linguistics.
- evaluator of ASU international teaching assistants.
- director of undergraduate studies;
- director of MA and PhD programs in linguistics and applied linguistics, and MTESOL program;
- chair and/or member of various committees (e.g., budget and personnel committee, graduate committee, linguistics/TESOL area committee, MA admissions subcommittee, MTESOL admissions subcommittee, undergraduate awards committee, undergraduate curriculum committee).